Plantation shutters add a timeless beauty and functionality to any space. They can provide privacy, airflow, and natural light while enhancing the look and feel of a room. They can improve a home’s design and add value to the property.
The Shading Company in Texas can create plantation shutters using poly composite, vinyl, or wood, the most expensive but highest-quality option. For many homeowners, however, there is no alternative for natural wood when it comes to beauty and quality.
What Are the Advantages of Using Wood Shutters?
High-quality natural wood shutters are built to last and offer several benefits above and beyond their beauty and functionality. Wood shutters:
- Last for years. Unlike other window treatments, wood shutters are custom-fitted for your windows and designed to last much longer than curtains, blinds, or screens.
- Are easy to clean. Their design resists dust buildup that can lead to allergy symptoms. You simply need to wipe down the shutters with a dry, soft cloth.
- Offer a natural look and can be painted to match any decor. Color options for shutters made from other materials are limited.
- Provide insulation to extreme temperatures. This contributes to your home’s energy efficiency and helps extend the life of your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system.
- Give your home a classic look that is stunning inside and out. Wood shutters are often custom made for your home, adding to its value and curb appeal.
- Are timeless. Many window treatments match current trends; however, wood shutters are always in style and can be teamed with curtains or other window covers to create your ideal look.
- Can be made to fit any window, regardless of shape or size. Wood shutters are sometimes the solution for creating privacy for an odd-sized or uniquely shaped window.
- Can allow for maximum sunlight or complete privacy and everything in between. Depending on your need, you can open shutters fully to let in loads of natural light, or you can close them for absolute privacy. In addition, you can adjust louvers to allow for varying levels of light and privacy.
- Do not rely on strings or cords for their operation. Strings or cords that control some blinds and shades can tangle, stretch, break, or cause a hazard for young children.
Wood Shutters and Humidity
Despite these benefits, the use of wood shutters in rooms with high humidity levels, such as a bathroom or garage, is discouraged. For these rooms, a vinyl or poly composite shutter is recommended to prevent warping and mold. Reputable manufacturers will create wood shutters following a design that helps limit the risk of warping.
Built by a Company You Can Trust
Look no further than The Shading Company of San Antonio for all your wood plantation shutter needs; get in touch with us today! We work with contractors here in Texas to ensure that your shutters are made exactly to your specifications. We will take measurements and make your shutters to fit any window size or shape. Custom-made San Antonio wood shutters can add to your home’s value, curb appeal, and energy efficiency.